Set a default Map Viewer

Jump to solution
09-30-2021 12:49 AM
MatejVrtich
Esri Contributor

Hi,

is it possible to configure a Hub's default Map Viewer (referenced by the Open in ArcGIS Map Viewer from a dataset page) to use the new generation of Map Viewer?

Setting the new Map Viewer as default at the organization or profile level is not recognized by Hub.

Thanks,

Matej

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for reaching out Matej. We have added this functionality to the product backlog and plan to have it out for release within the next couple of weeks. I’ll reply here when it’s out. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for reaching out Matej. We have added this functionality to the product backlog and plan to have it out for release within the next couple of weeks. I’ll reply here when it’s out. Thanks again!
LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Patrick, was this ever released?  My company is new to AGOL and I am preparing an adoption/rollout strategy.  Instead of rolling it out with Classic and then going back to train on the New Viewer, it makes sense to move forward with the New.  However, the easiest thing for new users is to have content available on the Home Page.  I am using Hub as a way to organize functional areas with galleries. If I add a map to a Hub gallery, it tries to open in Classic and I get an error about some of the features not working with Classic.  This is not good for new users!!  I can manually create tiles within Hub that work, but that will become tedious.

LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Just checking in with this. It has been more than a couple of weeks since Sept 2021.  Is there any update?