Select to view content in your preferred language

Option to open in new tab stopped working

Jump to solution
11-08-2023 07:25 AM
BryanWright
New Contributor III

Hi--I've been using Hub for over a year now and (even though its not recommended) I have all the application links set to open in a new tab under the options settings.  Yesterday this spontaneously stopped working for all the applications across the entire hub site and now everything opens in the same browser tab even though the setting still says open in new tab!  I get the same behavior in Chrome and Edge browsers.  Any idea what might have happened?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BryanWright
New Contributor III

I just took another look and have partially resolved the issue.  The bug seems to be associated only with the gallery card "button", which is an option under the "Appearance" settings.  If I launch the application by clicking on the title in the card then it opens in another browser window as expected.  But if I click on the button then it opens in the same browser window.  I kind of like having the buttons on the cards but I may just get rid of those so it always works as expected.

View solution in original post

ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

We have released a fix to ensure that the open in same tab vs open in new tab behavior works properly when seelcting the title or buttons.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi @BryanWright I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. I've just tested multiple permutations of the gallery card and the setting to open in a new tab is respected. I recommend trying to adjust that setting on the card, save your site, and then republish the site to see if the behavior changes.

Additionally, can you send me a direct message with details on how the gallery layout card is configured or a public link to the site?

0 Kudos
EricSpangenberg
New Contributor III

Did you solve the Hub site problem you posted about?  We too noted that as of yesterday all of our applications no open in the same tab, rather than under a new tab.  We have set the the Open in ... setting to "Same Tab" saved, published.  Then reset the Open in to "New Tab" saved and republished.

I will try clearing my browser cache and test later on that.

0 Kudos
BryanWright
New Contributor III

I just took another look and have partially resolved the issue.  The bug seems to be associated only with the gallery card "button", which is an option under the "Appearance" settings.  If I launch the application by clicking on the title in the card then it opens in another browser window as expected.  But if I click on the button then it opens in the same browser window.  I kind of like having the buttons on the cards but I may just get rid of those so it always works as expected.

EricSpangenberg
New Contributor III

Thank you @BryanWright for making that discovery! I can't believe I missed that as well? I was just wrapped up with the button not doing what I thought and didn't think of the title option.  In the end I opted to turn off the button option for our page.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hello @BryanWright and @EricSpangenberg While fixing an accessibility issue with the gallery card, we've identified a regression where the button's behavior appears to have changed unintentionally. We're investigating the cause of the issue and we hope to release a fix either tomorrow (Tuesday) or the following Tuesday.

We're sorry for the inconveniecne this has caused but we thank you for proactively discussing it here.

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

We have released a fix to ensure that the open in same tab vs open in new tab behavior works properly when seelcting the title or buttons.

0 Kudos