Open Data Site download erasing data from fields

12-09-2020 07:48 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is a dataset in our Open Data site (https://geodata.dep.state.fl.us/datasets/solid-waste-facilities/) that has had downloading issues for several days now. When the data is downloaded in a shapefile or spreadsheet, the LAT_SS and LONG_SS fields are empty. I've tried unsharing and re-sharing the item in ArcGIS Online but that didn't help. This is the only item in which I've observed the error, but I also haven't checked every single item. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I've opened up a bug and we'll take a look at it soon. In the meantime, there is a chance that the issue may resolve itself by creating a new layer on ArcGIS Online with the same data. If you try this before making the item public try making it private, add it to your site, and then try downloading. Please let me know if you still have the same issue.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Thomas, I tried to create a new item on AGO and neither the shapefile nor the CSV showed the data that is missing from those two fields. 

Thanks,

Mary Grace

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User 
We found a problem specific to Map Servers with layers that contain columns of type esriFieldTypeSingle, which these two fields are. We're looking into it now, but it may be easiest to convert these columns to a different numeric type like esriFieldTypeDouble. Would this be possible or do you need to keep the columns as a Real data type?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Thomas, 

That did work, but we have over 250 layers on Open Data, a large subset of which are experiencing this issue. Adjusting the schema for all of them is not a realistic workaround for our organization. 

Thanks,

Mary Grace

ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi,

That is understandable. We're looking into the bug now and hope to have an ETA on a fix within a week. Apologies for the inconvenience.