Select to view content in your preferred language

Open Data not showing any Download options or buttons for Canadian user

Jump to solution
07-12-2024 07:50 AM
alex_friant
Frequent Contributor

We host our open data rest services in California, and our Open Data site with AGOL Hub.

We recently had someone from Canada report that they couldn't download data from our Open Data site. We verified that they can see our rest endpoints, but when they sent us the screenshot of what they are seeing on our Open Data Hub site on AGOL, I was surprised to see there are no Download options on the left blue tab, nor are there any buttons to the right of the item thumbnail.

For example, our Road Centerlines offering, when you click on it should land you on a page like this:

normal_landing_page.png

Instead of that, they end up on what appears to be the 'about' page, but it's missing some key components:

what_customer_is_getting_instead.png

This is what that about page should look like:

normal_about_page_has_download_options.png

Anyone have any idea why they would be seeing a different page, and one that has no download options?

Also, is anyone else seeing these same issues on our Open Data hub site?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RDCOGIS
Occasional Contributor

Is there an actual solution for this, not just Sure do! ?

0 Kudos
alex_friant
Frequent Contributor

Hi @RDCOGIS,

Apologies for lack of clarity on this. It turned out that our County's security policy (not in my control) does a bot challenge for traffic originating outside of the US, and for some reason this causes Hub to basically break for the end users outside of the US. 

I wasn't sure if that's what was happening, but both my IT staff said it should be happening a and a user upthread from here confirmed that was their experience with a screenshot.

So, there is no solution to fix it, but at least we know why so if others experience it and can change it, that would be the solution; to remove the bot challenge.

0 Kudos