Not harvested-"The layer has no features or there was an error with the query capability"

3950
8
03-19-2015 12:00 PM
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

I am getting the error written above with one of my map services I would like to show up in my Open Data site-- its a rather important one so I cannot ignore it for now.

My map service draws OK at the REST endpoint and appears normal in my web map (including the related tables).

My AGO content, map image layer, URL appears normal and takes me to the correct service

what can I check to see why Open Data does not like this service?

8 Replies
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

I should say I have shared and unshared and updated the index a few times, always get the same error

New Picture (5).bmp

0 Kudos
AndrewTurner
Esri Contributor

Can you please share the URL to the service you have registered?

0 Kudos
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

RTDC/Traffic_Counts_Hourly (MapServer)

It seems I can see 2 of the 4 layers now in open data. the ones I cannot see are tables with over a million records. I even tried with a new GDB with the data copied over. I posted this on another question-- but is there a size limit for files to show in open data?

0 Kudos
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

...and then only 1 of the 4 datasets are visible, only the feature class. I tried again a few minutes later and now the one table (the smallest ) is in the search on my open data page. other than refreshing the page, nothing was done.

what gives?

0 Kudos
AndrewTurner
Esri Contributor

Thanks - this help us debug.

One of the actions Open Data does is call your service for a number of statistics on the entire layer and the fields. For example the Record Count.

Doing a simple record count on your "Traffic Counts – Hourly” layer takes just over 1 minute and responded with an error. Likely our metadata harvesters are timing out on calls like this and the other field statistics.

~bash > time curl "http://gis.mwcog.org/wa/rest/services/RTDC/Traffic_Counts_Hourly/MapServer/0/query?where=1%3D1&text=&objectIds=&time=&geometry=&geometryType=esriGeometryEnvelope&inSR=&spatialRel=esriSpatialRelIntersects&relationParam=&outFields=&returnGeometry=true&maxAllowableOffset=&geometryPrecision=&outSR=&returnIdsOnly=false&returnCountOnly=true&orderByFields=&groupByFieldsForStatistics=&outStatistics=&returnZ=false&returnM=false&gdbVersion=&returnDistinctValues=false&f=pjson"

{

"error": {

"code": 500,

"message": "Error performing query operation",

"details": []

}

}

There may be an issue with how you have configured ArcGIS Server or the database. Can you perhaps share some information on this here or email us directly with information that we can help you through.

C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

I can share whatever you need, but do not know what info to share...and do not know the email address either. I've tried to message thru Geonet but it does not allow users to message you guys w/o a prior message

I did notice that there was a long time for the service to draw so something does seem amiss

0 Kudos
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

I still have issues and am still waiting to know what to share and where/how. I will also be logging an official support incident or adding to the other one I have dealing w/ OD and inconsistencies (mostly in saving changes to my page).

WarrenDavison
Occasional Contributor

Hi There,

I just came across your post since I recently encountered the same error you've detailed here.

By comparing the number of layers within a service that had errors versus the layers that didn't show up in the Open Data site I was able to find out which ones had the "The layer has no features or there was an error with the query capability." error.

When I then went and checked these layers in the service I noticed that I had applied definition queries to these layers. I've since re-published these datasets without definition queries and I can confirm that they now show up properly in the Open Data Site.

0 Kudos