Issue adding additional resources to a layer hosted on ArcGIS Hub's Content Library.

05-22-2020 11:11 AM
NDFAdmin
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have been having an issue getting additional download options to populate in the "Download" menu for an item in the Content Library. I enabled metadata (FGDC format) and added a direct download link in the distributor section, which displays fine on the metadata page. However, when I visit the item page through the Content Library I only get the standard export options (e.g. Shapefile, Spreadsheet, KML...) and no additional options.

Basically, what I am trying to achieve is hosting the items on our server, but adding them as data sources so that the data displays in for each item. Then give people the ability to download data from an external source. From what I've seen and read, this is possible.

1) Some items I've seen on other Content Libraries only show a few formats (e.g. Shapefile, Spreadsheet, KML), so is it possible to limit what formats are available for export?

2) Is it still possible to show additional download options in the "Download" menu using the metadata fields?

3) Can we display data (items) in the Content Library from a REST service, but list external download options in the "Download" menu for each item?

Thanks!

Aaron

0 Kudos
0 Replies