File Geodatabse single layer downloads not working on ArcGIS Hub Open Data Site

03-21-2019 03:41 PM
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

I am having problems downloading ArcGIS Online hosted feature layers as File Geodatabase from the open data site. the problem only occurs when attempting to download a single layer from within a hosted feature layer. The download status gets stuck on 'Gathering Data'. I have indexed the item multiple times. I am only testing with small datasets. Is this a known issue? Any ideas?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

Hi Daniel, thank you very much for resolving this issue and your responsiveness throughout. fgdb downloads are now working for me from hosted feature layers. Recently I have noticed capability for users to download as fgdb from registered feature services, when attempting to download I get that same error: "Status: An error occurred. Download failed." Is this something you are also working on fixing? Example: https://data-taupo.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/76eb8d3ad6f441d39ee7904d265007a6_1

Cheers,

Ella

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Looking at the network traffic tab, I can see that one failed for a different reason. The request from our backend to your server for a file geodatabase export timed out. Do you have access to server logs? You may want to open a support ticket if you need help resolving this issue.

0 Kudos
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Daniel, there are severe errors in the server logs I can investigate further. The first error listed crops up often, despite all the attributes containing valid geometries.

Error: The operation was attempted on an empty geometry

Failed to rename cache folder.

Method failed.HRESULT = 0x80070057 : The parameter is incorrect.

I will try to fix these errors, thanks for your help,

Ella

0 Kudos