Editing the Hub Site - Issues with more than one user

Jump to solution
04-01-2020 11:42 AM
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone encountered an issue where you have your HUB site setup and then more than one person is making edits to the site and then the edits revert back to what they were before the second person started editing?

Can only one person edit the site?  Any thoughts?  We are tryingt o have more than one person edit our Coronavirus Hub site and the changes keep disappearing...tyia.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jessica,

Yes - unfortunately we don't yet have the infrastructure to deliver a collaborative editing experience yet....but we have it on our long term roadmap to address. Implementing something like this makes some larger architectural changes to how items are stored and how updates are processed so it wasn't something we could do quickly. 

Apologies if you have had some data loss....it's something we know is very frustrating. I recommend you keep your work to one tab to avoid saving something stale for now. We're also considering some versioning approaches that may mitigate this as well.

Apologies I don't have a better answer for you today!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jessica,

Yes - unfortunately we don't yet have the infrastructure to deliver a collaborative editing experience yet....but we have it on our long term roadmap to address. Implementing something like this makes some larger architectural changes to how items are stored and how updates are processed so it wasn't something we could do quickly. 

Apologies if you have had some data loss....it's something we know is very frustrating. I recommend you keep your work to one tab to avoid saving something stale for now. We're also considering some versioning approaches that may mitigate this as well.

Apologies I don't have a better answer for you today!

ConradPetrilla
New Contributor

What permissions does a user have to have to edit a site?  I am an Admin and I'm the owner of the Open Data Group which the site uses.  How do I make another member of my Open Data group have the ability to edit the site and save it? 

0 Kudos
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Graham,

Now we know we are not going crazy being cooped up at home but it is a real thing

Thanks for the quick reply.

We will proceed with one user editing at a time...

Jess

MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor

What permissions does a user have to have to edit a site?  I am an AGOL Admin and I'm the owner of the Open Data Group which the site uses.  How do I make another member of my Open Data group to have the ability to edit the site and save?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

add them to the site's core team. if you don't have a core team, ask your admin for "create group with update capabilities" which is the way to make groups that allow others to edit your items.

0 Kudos
MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor

The person trying to edit the site is already a core team member and their user role has the "create group with update capabilities" permissions.  They are still getting this error when they try to save edits to the site.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you get a case in my esri for this and then email me (ghudgins@esri.com) the BUG number? I have a few suspects. I'll reach out to our support organization from my end as well. Please reference this conversation in the bug report.

0 Kudos
MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor

Will do, thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor

Well none of what I tried to do worked and still have a support ticket open with ESRI.  What DID work was giving my user the Administrator role.  Once I did that, she was able to edit and save with no problems.  I am hoping ESRI support will be able to give me an explanation of why this user needed to have the Admin role for editing (and saving) to work.  I hope that is not "just the way it is" with this system.

0 Kudos