Downloads not in correct projection system

12-18-2018 08:01 AM
MattCashen
New Contributor III

I'm trying to set up an ArcGIS Hub site and I have the ability to download data in local projections enabled.  The projection system used for my data is NAD_1983_StatePlane_Indiana_West_FIPS_1302_Feet
WKID: 2966 Authority: EPSG

However, whenever I download anything off the open data site the download is in this projection system:

NAD83_Indiana_West_ftUS_deprecated
Authority: Custom

This is a major problem as this custom projection system is around 2,000 feet off from the correct projection system.  Is this a known problem or is there something I need to be doing to make sure my downloads are in the right projection?  I have tried uploading layers to AGO using both ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro and both methods give me the same wrong download projection. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RichGwozdz
New Contributor III

Hi Matt -

I would keep trying to determine why the publish process creates services with 2245 when your data begins in 2966.  Hub will generally obey the SRID of the service.

You're right that the FGDB download at https://data1-lakeingispro.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/lakein-lgim-sdedata-corp-polydoes comes back as 2966, which is different than that stated by the serrvice.  But your hub site is V2 and it runs some older code to generate this FGDB.  It's scheduled for automatic upgrade.

This is only speculation, but perhaps hosted services doesn't yet support 2966 and it's instead grabbing 2245 because it is the closest match (again, that is a total guess).  I would reach out to Esri Support Services.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matt,

Does any data in WKID 2966 display the same behavior? Or just this one service? Has this happened with any other projections that you've seen? Hopefully that will narrow down the issue; and it's possible that this is a bug. Are you able to contact Esri Support Services to see? I'm hoping so!

-Lauren

0 Kudos
LauraGillespie1
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

Just discovered exact same issue here in Southern Indiana.  I tested on the newer version of the Hub Open Data Portal, and received the same NAD83_Indiana_West_ftUS_deprecated system for the shapefile download.  Did you ever determine a resolution?  

0 Kudos
LauraGillespie
New Contributor II

ESRI has determined this is a BUG, #BUG-000122648 ArcGIS Online converts feature services published in NAD_1983_StatePlane_Indiana_West_FIPS_1302_Feet (WKID 2966) to NAD83_Indiana_West_ftUS_deprecated (WKID 2245).

Are any other Indiana Counties having this same issue?

0 Kudos