Download in Local Projection not working new ArcGIS Hub Site

Jump to solution
05-27-2021 09:47 AM
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

It seems that the download in local projections is no longer working. I have it enabled on our ArcGIS Hub Open Data site, yet when I download the shapefile it gives me the data in WGS1984. 

for example: https://opendata.kelowna.ca/datasets/kelowna::legal-parcel/about

We really need our users to be able to download in the local projection.

The layers are published on ArcGIS Server and added as feature layers on AGOL and then shared with Open Data groups.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

I wanted to update this thread.  We released a fix for downloads in local projections for public datasets earlier today, thanks for quickly bringing it to our attention.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
UlteigEngineers
New Contributor II

I am also experiencing this issue.

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

@StefanieWenkersorry to hear that you're having an issue with local projection downloads. It looks like the example above has an issue querying the underlying service when requesting a new file with updates. We will look into this shortly. In the meantime, can you double check that the "Local Projections" setting is enabled under your site's settings > data? If so, please toggle it off an on and then retry the download.

Additionally, as noted under Hub's server configuration documentation, we recommend that 1. server managers enable editor tracking, and 2. individual items have the "Export Data" setting enabled under the item details page on ArcGISOnline under the Settings tab. Enabling this option allows Hub to use a more robust download pipeline. Note that these docs will be updated in the coming weeks to clarify these recommendations.

0 Kudos
UlteigEngineers
New Contributor II

@ThomasHervey1, can the local projections setting be used on data hosted on AGOL, or only on an enterprise/portal system? I'm trying to narrow down if the update is the cause of my issue or something else.

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

@UlteigEngineerswe are updating our docs on content management in the next two weeks. I will also clarify the capabilities here. The Local Projections setting is only applicable to public content, regardless of where it is hosted (either on ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Online). I suggest that you email "Ask-Hub@esri.com" with a particular example of your issue and the Hub team will investigate. Depending on the complexity of the issue and your hosting configuration, we may suggest that you open a support ticket with Esri Support.

UlteigEngineers
New Contributor II

Perfect thank you!

0 Kudos
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

Hi Thomas, 

Thank you for looking into this. I have disabled and re-enabled the local projections switch, but it did not solve the issue.

Just to clarify, my layers aren't hosted on AGOL, they are referenced through my ArcGIS Server. I couldn't find the option to allow export data in the individual items settings, but in my ArcGIS Server Manager the data capability for the mapservice is enabled.

The service doesn't have feature access on, so I don't see the option to enable editor tracking.

ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

@StefanieWenkerthe example that you provided is trying to download a file using the default EPSG:4326, so there is clearly a disconnect between your site's settings and the download pipeline. As mentioned in my previous comment to another community member, I suggest that you email "Ask-Hub@esri.com" with a particular example of your issue and the Hub team will investigate.

0 Kudos
MartinOwens1
Occasional Contributor II

Greene County, Ohio is having the same issue and has contacted the Hub Support email.

0 Kudos
UlteigEngineers
New Contributor II

I wanted to update anyone else reviewing this post with what I found (not the solution for the original poster, necessarily) - If your data isn't shared publicly, your data will not download in local projection, even if you have the setting turned on. ESRI has added this to their mid-term backlog for download enhancements.

0 Kudos