Jump to solution
02-28-2018 05:56 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hello 

I have a public ArcGIS Hub

ArcGIS Hub 

I have a hosted feature service on ArcGIS Online

http://spt-eaglegis.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ec7899ee5f5b4c7394753476c08b08d1#overview 

And the ability to export is disabled

When I open up in Open Data

ArcGIS Hub 

The option to download is present. - is this thie right setting to disable downloads?

I have been testing with other sites and have seen conflicting results

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi John and Sarah,

There is no way to do this directly and we do not have plans to add such an option at this time. As a workaround you could include the layer in a web map and share the web map on your site. That would allow display but not downloads.

Daniel Fenton

Software Engineer | ArcGIS Hub

View solution in original post

14 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Is it shared or in a group that is shared with OpenData/HUB?  Have you tried unsharing it?  This will also make it undiscoverable by OpenData/Hub from what I understand, but still should be available thru AGOL. 

(If you still want it to show in OpenData/HUB, then I don't know.)

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your response

Yes data is shared to a group with Open Data/Hub

If I unshare it from that group it will disapear from Open Data/Hub.

I want it to remain in Open Data/Hub but I want my users to see it but not export it.

*Edit - added Hub to get the right terminology.

0 Kudos
SarahZaleski1
Occasional Contributor

I have the same question.  Is there anyway to enable the data viewable on the map in HUB, but not downloadable.

Thanks!

DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi John and Sarah,

There is no way to do this directly and we do not have plans to add such an option at this time. As a workaround you could include the layer in a web map and share the web map on your site. That would allow display but not downloads.

Daniel Fenton

Software Engineer | ArcGIS Hub

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Daniel

Thank you for the response.

Have a good week

John

0 Kudos
SarahZaleski1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks

0 Kudos
JoanBastide
New Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

It is a pity that this is not even in the plan. It would be very useful for hub owners to have more flexibility on the sharing options.

Best regards

Joan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joan,

Can you say more about your use case? We support private data to limit downloads to authenticated users in your org as well as maps for displaying rather than sharing data. Is there a need we've missed?

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
AmandaJobmann
New Contributor

Yes, I would like some authenticated users to view maps only, not download them. I need the maps locked down.