Deleting Hub Site before Pages

Jump to solution
06-06-2018 04:52 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If an ArcGIS Hub site is deleted before its pages are deleted, where do you find the pages to delete them?  They still show up in ArcGIS Online but you can't delete them from there.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can either link the page on another site and then delete it or delete it from AGO. 

The reason we normally don’t recommend you delete from AGO is because there’s a good chance it’s powering a site. This is not the case here. Also, when deleting a site, doing so from the Hub clears the domain entry in the event you want to reuse it (so try to keep to removing things from the app!)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can either link the page on another site and then delete it or delete it from AGO. 

The reason we normally don’t recommend you delete from AGO is because there’s a good chance it’s powering a site. This is not the case here. Also, when deleting a site, doing so from the Hub clears the domain entry in the event you want to reuse it (so try to keep to removing things from the app!)

0 Kudos
OliviaHollenhorst2
New Contributor II

Hi Graham, 

I deleted a site from AGO instead of the HUB and now i cannot resuse the domain entry. Is there a way to retroactively delete from the hub to free up the domain? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Support has a process to recover this. Please open a case with them. I'll forward your message to support to let them know you're coming. 

0 Kudos
OliviaHollenhorst2
New Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos