Copyright Attribution Text does not show in HUB Maps

Jump to solution
02-09-2022 09:13 AM
AndreaC
New Contributor II

I would like my copyright attribution to display in the bottom right-hand corner of the maps in HUB. The text displays as expected in ArcGIS Online, but it does not appear in HUB. Is there a way to make this content display in HUB?

ArcGIS Online:

AndreaC_0-1644426652487.png

HUB: 

AndreaC_2-1644426756432.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello @AndreaC,

Sorry for the delay, I had to inquire with some colleagues as this was a bit outside of my technical skillset. Apparently attribution is dynamic and changes based on zoom scale and extent. Hub tries to assume a min-scale for displaying the layer, so you may just need to zoom in to see the attribution text you expect.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello @AndreaC,

In Hub, the default basemap associated with a site is the gray basemap, which contains the attribution "powered by Esri." If you're referring to public data you've shared that displays in our aggregate site: http://hub.arcgis.com, unfortunately, that also defaults to the gray basemap so the copyright won't be reflected.

However, if you're referring to maps hosted on your own site, you can change the basemap by going to the Layout Editor for your site, selecting Settings, and then selecting Set Basemap. If you don't see the basemap that you are using in Online, it likely means you need to add the basemap to your organization's basemap gallery group: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/custom-basemap-gallery/ as this is what Hub references to populate the "Set Basemap" options list.

0 Kudos
AndreaC
New Contributor II

Hi @KlaraSchmitt,

I'm actually talking about the credit text that appears after I add my data to a new map (as a regular layer, not a basemap). In the first screenshot above, the 'NCES EDGE' text appeared in the bottom right hand corner of the map when I added my data to an empty map in ArcGIS Online. That same information does not appear when I view the data in HUB's map preview.

Thanks,

Andrea

0 Kudos
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hi @AndreaC,

Would you be able to provide links to the data examples you are referencing and your hub site?

0 Kudos
AndreaC
New Contributor II

Hi @KlaraSchmitt ,

Sure! Here you go: https://data-nces.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/public-school-locations-2019-20/. NCES EDGE does not display when viewed with this link. NCES EDGE will appear in the credits if you use this data and select 'Advanced Mapping'.

0 Kudos
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello @AndreaC,

Sorry for the delay, I had to inquire with some colleagues as this was a bit outside of my technical skillset. Apparently attribution is dynamic and changes based on zoom scale and extent. Hub tries to assume a min-scale for displaying the layer, so you may just need to zoom in to see the attribution text you expect.

0 Kudos