BUG-000082415 - Will Not be Addressed

01-29-2015 10:02 AM
LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I had a support issue from November related to data sets not showing up on the Open Data site.  I tried to post some data last week and the harvest process still has not worked. At this point, it probably will not show up and will remain as a feature service with no datasets.

Here is the bug..

BUG-000082415: New feature services added to an Open Data group takes a very long time to display (sometimes do not display) on an Open Data site, and if they do, they show 0 attributes.

and here is the current status of the bug (updated yesterday)...

Closed: Will Not be Addressed

Well, that's just super!  Now what?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanielFenton1

Hi Leon,

I don’t recall why we closed this particular bug, but we are absolutely still working on cases like yours. Can you please post links to the ArcGIS Online items you are trying to share into your Open Data site?

Thanks,

Daniel Fenton

Product Engineer | Open Data

LeonS
by

Hi Daniel,

Here is a couple of links that are not showing up.  One is data hosted on AGOL and the other is local.

http://dedham.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b1926bc371364fa0bb3c6bf7498788eb

http://dedham.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=7370a8d64015408caf00cca08bf48676

Is there a similar bug that I could be tracking?  Thank you for taking a look at this.

Leon

0 Kudos
LeonS
by

Hi Daniel,

I see you were able to get feature services to properly harvest.  Thank you!  I'm wondering if there was a particular issue that was holding them up from showing up.  If so, is there any kind of work around?

Thanks,

Leon

0 Kudos
GaryZaepfel
New Contributor II

Daniel,

I'm experiencing the same problem as Leon.  I cannot successfully configure a feature service on our Open Data app that was created locally after "supposedly" adding the service to our organizational ArcGIS Online account.  I keep getting error messages that the data hasn't been harvested.  I let it spin and spit for over 24 hours and still nothing.  I am, however, able to configure a shapefile of the data in the Open Data app that I've uploaded to the our organizational ArcGIS Online account. 

Our preference is to tie into a feature service that we are hosting locally that points to a variety of different data layers that visitors to our Open Data app can then download at their convenience.  We are hoping that this is an option with the Open Data app, so that end-users will always have access to current data.  What we don't want to do is to upload refreshed shapefiles to ArcGIS Online that then have to be reconfigured everytime to work with Open Data.  Our in-house process is now just that:  we post refreshed shapefiles monthly to a webpage that are made available for free to the public.  We had hoped that the Open Data app would help preclude the necessity of developing a download, clip-and-ship app in-house that would conceivably tie into a feature service.

Thank you,

Gary Zaepfel
Washoe County, Nevada
Customer# 89
gzaepfel@washoecounty.us

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry Open Data is posing some issues for you. Will you please provide a link to a feature service that is not harvesting properly? We can investigate the issue.

Absolutely you should be able to host the data yourself and create a consistent connection with Open Data so your users are always getting the most updated data.

Thank you

Courtney

Product Engineer | Open Data

0 Kudos
GaryZaepfel
New Contributor II

Courtney,

Here’s a link to our feature service:

http://wcarcgis.admin.washoecounty.us:6080/arcgis/rest/services/washoe_open_data/FeatureServer

Thank you

Gary

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Gary,

I cannot access that URL from my browser. Do you have a web-accessible link to a feature service you are attempting to register?

0 Kudos
GaryZaepfel
New Contributor II

User error. 

I was using the wrong URL to our feature service.  We use a reverse proxy.  Initially I tried to add data to our ArcGIS Online account with the internal server name which, of course, won't work.  I successfully (and quickly, I might add) added the feature service in question and I see all of the data layers.  Worked like a charm.

Thank you for your feedback.

0 Kudos