Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Hub and ArcGIS Enterprise Collaboration?

a week ago
JonSwoveland
Occasional Contributor

Hi, so I'm hoping someone can tell me if it is possible to create a collaboration between Hub and ArcGIS Enterprise, and provide Hub users with access to ArcGIS Enterprise resources via group membership.

The context of the scenario is an organization the has ArcGIS Hub Premium and an external-facing ArcGIS Enterprise.  

Hub is used provide access to specific external users access to a web mapping application.   

The organization would like to include an Enterprise Geodatabase-backed feature service, hosted in their ArcGIS Enterprise in this web map, and grant certain Hub users editing permission.

I'm curious if this can be achieved by creating a collaboration between Hub and ArcGIS Enterprise, and then adding Hub users to an Enterprise group.  Access permissions can then be assigned to the group.

The reason I want to pursue this specific architecture, is that this would allow me to use the VertiGIS Access Control Proxy to implement fine-grained permissions on editing.  Access Control only works with Federated ArcGIS Servers.  

2 Replies
JonathanMcD
Occasional Contributor

by "external facing ArcGIS Enterprise" are you meaning Portal is usable by those outside of your organisation, and not meaning AGOL? 

Regardless, through Group management and proper assignment, I don't see why not - it's just content. Just make sure the public facing items are copies not references. I've data coming through from Portal, which has no public access at all, to AGOL and then Open Data - all through collab and group settings.

JonSwoveland
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply! 

by "external facing ArcGIS Enterprise" are you meaning Portal is usable by those outside of your organisation, and not meaning AGOL? 

Exactly. 

Regarding, "Just make sure the public facing items are copies not references.", I don't think that would apply in this case, as the resources ( map services ) I want Hub users to access are hosted on a federated ArcGIS Server. 

0 Kudos