Add Google Analytics to Specific to Hub Site Page

03-04-2021 12:15 PM
jp503
by
New Contributor III

Hi all, I'm setting up Google Analytics (using the UA-XXXX format, not the new G-XXXX format), and I was wondering, is there a way to set up properties for specific Hub pages? I'm using ArcGIS Online to host, so I'm not able to edit any html, css, or js

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

we're working on updating the google analytic support to work with the GA4 keys. It's something we're hoping to address soon. Apologies it's not there quite yet...we've been busy adding more privacy controls (opt out footer) ahead of doing the google analytics version bump. 

0 Kudos
jp503
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info Graham! I look forward to the roll out!

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User , is it still in the product plan? I noticed today that my Hub site won't accept it ("Tracking ID format is invalid; valid ID format is UA-123456-0").

0 Kudos
jp503
by
New Contributor III

Hi Chelsea! I don't know if this is your direct issue, but Google is "sunsetting" or getting rid of Universal Analytics in 2023, so you may want to transition to the newer version of Google Analytics. What I think might be the issue here is that Hub (if I'm not mistaken) uses the newer version of Google Analytics

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I was trying to add my new tracking info but it says only UA is a valid format. Is it built in somewhere else? 

0 Kudos
John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Has this been resolved yet?

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I haven't heard of any resolution yet : (

John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

I kind of figured. This is one of those items that is low hanging fruit, that we know is on the horizon, but there isn't a huge rush. Sadly, if you are trying to use GA now, it only offers you a G vs. UA option. I work around this by extracting/lifting the usage data from AGOL and just custom dashboarding most of it.

https://github.com/wagisdev/AGOL-Meta-Snagger

NCOneMap
New Contributor III

Graham, can you update here when there's support for GA4 keys? I'm interested in this as well. Thanks.