Please provide download capabilities to non-'hosted' federated services on Open Data Hub sites!

03-03-2022 07:23 AM
Labels (1)
SeanLawrence
New Contributor II

Please provide download capabilities to non-hosted federated services on ArcGIS Portal hub sites!  I've had so much frustration the past few years trying to provide downloads to our member governments and the public through ArcGIS Portal and ArcGIS online.

The only way we can have our federated services have download capabilities active is to register each service in ArcGIS online and share to an Open Data group.  I was able to setup a distributed collab with our ArcGIS Portal to push services from our Portal to an Open Data group on ArcGIS online...but it'd be nice to use our ArcGIS Portal Hub site instead of depending on ArcGIS Online.

If this is not feasible, I'm curious to know the technical hurdles.  Does it have something to do with Koop?  I mean, the feature services are the same wether they are 'hosted' or federated.  Sorry, I'm just salty.

1 Comment
gareth_finney

Would love to know where Esri are at with this!  Why do we have to use AGOL to do any non-hosted Rest service downloading - doesnt make any sense to me.