ArcGIS Hub- Allow Category Cards to be queried by Group Categories

05-15-2020 08:01 AM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Hub‌ Team, 

Currently Card category queries can only be queried by categories from around the world [see image below] (public shared categories form all organizations I assume since these aren't ours).

I propose that administrators have more control over their content shared to Hub and can query the Cards using Group Categories

Current Category Query: Proposed Additional Query Option- Group Categories

Thanks!

Amanda

2 Comments
DianeFoote

I love this idea! I work for an University, and organizational categories have not been set up because of the size of the organization.  I have set up a group for our project and I have also set up group categories, but am unable to use them in the hub we are setting up to share the project's data.   At this point I guess I'm going to have to get creative with tags. 

SupriyaK

This would be helpful in terms of providing a way for Hubs to organize content that might not be owned or managed by themselves.

If a Hub manager is adding existing content - they can't manage the categories for that content to keep their Hub organized. It would be nice to add that public/open content to their Hub group and assign a group category that could be used to organize the data in their Hub. 

Otherwise, that Hub manager is forced to create a new data item they can control more and assign organizational categories to. Then you have a duplicate item referencing the same service.