questions about cokriging model selection

Jump to solution
08-13-2015 10:42 AM
AllisonShaw
New Contributor III

I am disappointed by the lack of documentation walking users step-by-step through Geostatistical Wizard.  Is the correct sequence to follow?

1. Select model(s) for best fit of semivariogram of Var1 - Var1 and then optimize that model(s)

2. Select model(s) for best fit of covariance graph of Var1 - Var2 and then optimize this model, or does this somehow overwrite the model you selected and optimized for Var1 - Var1?

3. Select model(s) for best fit of semivariogram of Var2 - Var2 and then optimize that model(s),  or does this somehow overwrite the models you selected and optimized for the other variable combinations above?

4. Proceed to searching neighborhood and cross validation steps

Can you reoptimize for a different model if the semivariogram looks horrible after your first optimization, or did the first optimization already distort the data such that you should close out of Geostatistical Wizard and start again from scratch?

How can you fit a model to a negative correlation between the two variables?  All the model options create curves of positive correlations only, unless there is a setting for this that I am missing?

Eric Krause​ or anyone else knowledgeable about Geostatistical Wizard, could you help me? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AllisonShaw
New Contributor III

Great, thanks Eric!

0 Kudos