Select to view content in your preferred language

Questions on GeoEvent Installation

02-03-2023 08:22 AM
wizgis
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I want to make sure that am understanding the correct workflow for installing and configuring the geoevent server.

ArcGIS Enterprise version: 10.9.1

We have the following set up :

On Machine A, we have ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal & ArcGIS DataStore & on Machine B, we have 2 WebAdaptor for ArcGIS Server and Portal.

We now want to install GeoEvent Server on Machine C, and according to the following docs, it is mentioned that we need to install ArcGIS Server first and then geoevent server. 

In the following doc it is also mentioned that when installing ArcGIS Server on second machine it should be licensed with GeoEvent Server license. Am attaching a screenshot as well. 

Geoevent.png

However, when I follow this workflow and try to create a new site, I get the error "Failed to create the site. Querying for licenses failed". Hence, my questions are: 

1. Why exactly am I getting this error? Do I need to authorize ArcGIS Server first with a Server Std. or Advanced License and then with a GeoEvent license? 
  2. When configuring ArcGIS Server, should I create a new site, or can I join an existing site, as in the following link, its mentioned that a new site needs to be created; otherwise, geoevent might not work properly; however, it's a bit old so wanted to know if there has been any change.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wizgis
by

If anyone has any input on this, it would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
wizgis
by

Update : We were able to resolve the license issue turns out we were authorizing it with wrong license file however, it would be nice if someone could point us to a resource that tells whether a new site should be created or an existing site should be joined. 

0 Kudos