Publish GeoEvent Stream service on another GIS Server

10-10-2017 04:48 PM
RandyBonds_Jr_
Occasional Contributor

We recently installed the GeoEvent Server (10.5.1 - Patch 1) on a new server in our environment. I added our existing GIS Server (10.5.1) as a data store in the GeoEvent Manager using a token. When I "Publish a Stream Service" everything appears to work correctly, but no service shows up on our GIS Server. We can publish a stream service to the GIS Server on the same machine as the GeoEvent Server (the default data store). But we'd like to keep all our public services on the same server. Help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisDougherty
New Contributor III

I've had this problem also. The REST endpoint for the stream service on the remote server is there if you navigate to it directly, but otherwise it doesn't show up in the REST services directory or even the admin interface.

I'm also not able to connect to these services. I'm not sure if that's related or not. The near complete lack of documentation on stream services is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
ChrisDougherty
New Contributor III

To follow up for anyone else finding this, we worked with Esri support for quite a while on this issue. In the end what they came back with is that each GIS server must have the GeoEvent license in order to be able to publish stream services.