Select to view content in your preferred language

GeoEvent Module: No Services have been Found

Jump to solution
10-30-2015 11:21 AM
IrfanClemson
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have a test VM (Win 2012 running ArcGIS Server 3.1) with GeoEvent extension installed. In the Software Authorization page of ArcGIS Manager the GeoEvent extension is authorized. However, when I launch https://localhost:6143 I see 'No Services have been Found' error. I am basically stuck! This is a very simple setup--everything on one machine.

The only potential problem could be that this VM is a duplicate of another clustered VM system; but I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled both ArcGIS Server and the GeoEvent extension in this new system but still nothing happening. I suspect there is something in registry or somewhere which is looking for other machines from the previous cluster--it is a wild guess though!

So what can I do to fix this and move on? I don't want to wipe off the machine and start fresh because the VM has a bunch of other useful software running.

Thanks!

PS. I may post both the wrapper.log and karaf.log after this post

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IrfanClemson
Frequent Contributor

Never mind, got it! Not 100% sure what finally helped but I did delete a GeoEvent folder from C:\programdata folder and also removed a bunch of 'GeoEvent' entries using RegEdit. Perhaps, because this was a duplicated of a clustered VM, there were some configurations related to the cluster which were causing the problem.

After cleaning up, I reinstalled the GeoEvent extension and this time, I think, there was a brief splash screen related to software authorization--something like that.

HTH.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IrfanClemson
Frequent Contributor

Attached are two karaf.log file; one was created shortly after the old karaf.log file was deleted and then GeoEvent service restarted to reduce the file size) and one is after the ArcGIS Server was restarted. Looks like the GeoEvent service is unable to establish connection with the javax process running at port 6443?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
IrfanClemson
Frequent Contributor

Never mind, got it! Not 100% sure what finally helped but I did delete a GeoEvent folder from C:\programdata folder and also removed a bunch of 'GeoEvent' entries using RegEdit. Perhaps, because this was a duplicated of a clustered VM, there were some configurations related to the cluster which were causing the problem.

After cleaning up, I reinstalled the GeoEvent extension and this time, I think, there was a brief splash screen related to software authorization--something like that.

HTH.

0 Kudos