GeoEvent Field Calculator to overwrite field.

Jump to solution
03-01-2017 06:28 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am having difficulty using GeoEvent to overwrite a field.  I have FieldX with domains 'Yes' & 'No'.  It is designed to read the feature class for updates to features or new features by last_edited_date. 

The goal is to have the user update the feature, if FieldX is Yes, send an email and at the same time, Field Calculate FieldX back to 'No'.  I have been able to field calculate fields before, but they have been empty.  I would think you should be able to field calculate over values?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
TL2
by

Can you add that logic right to Survey123...(I say yes.)?  Add the Parent Table and Needs Attention field to the survey (hidden or not).  When a field in the related table is updated it calculates "Yes" in the parent.  Every time a related table is updated or created, the Parent is flagged when the data is submitted.

DavidForbuss1

Great idea!  I'll try it out this afternoon and let you know how it goes.  I'm betting that it will work.  Thanks for you reply!  

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1

Well it looks like that won't work based on what i read in this post:

https://community.esri.com/thread/204340-editing-multiple-feature-services-in-a-single-form-in-surve... 

I added a new field (set to a yes/no domain) to the parent service and republished it.  I suppose I could have the field crews manually set the "needs attention" field to 'Yes' for now until I can figure out a way to have Survey123 automatically set it to 'Yes' upon submission.  I saw a few people saying that they pulled it off using webhooks, so maybe I'll look into that a bit further.

0 Kudos
TL2
by

It will work if you published in the same feature service.  It also will only work if you use the inbox because in order to update the Parent, you have to use the inbox to update existing records as Collect would just create a new parent record.

That being said, it can be done strictly with Survey123 and the Inbox.

0 Kudos