GeoEvent Field Calculator to overwrite field.

Jump to solution
03-01-2017 06:28 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am having difficulty using GeoEvent to overwrite a field.  I have FieldX with domains 'Yes' & 'No'.  It is designed to read the feature class for updates to features or new features by last_edited_date. 

The goal is to have the user update the feature, if FieldX is Yes, send an email and at the same time, Field Calculate FieldX back to 'No'.  I have been able to field calculate fields before, but they have been empty.  I would think you should be able to field calculate over values?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

In the GeoEvent definition it worked setting the OBJECTID field as TRACK_ID and it also worked when it was not set.  Below are screen shots I have for the Filter and Field Calculator.  The field I am updating is called 'HABITABLE'.  One thing to note is that the Code and Description for my domain are:

CodeDescription
YesYes
NoNo

View solution in original post

13 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hey Tucker,

I was able to get this to work.  One thing I noticed is that you're not filtering out if FieldX is Yes.  Below is how I have the GeoEvent Service set up.  I have a Filter that will poll the field for a value of 'Yes'.  Then, it will use the Field Calculator to update this field to 'No'.

TL2
by

Can you provide screen shots of Filter and Field Calculator Configs?  

Are you doing anything specific with the definition (track_id...)

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

In the GeoEvent definition it worked setting the OBJECTID field as TRACK_ID and it also worked when it was not set.  Below are screen shots I have for the Filter and Field Calculator.  The field I am updating is called 'HABITABLE'.  One thing to note is that the Code and Description for my domain are:

CodeDescription
YesYes
NoNo

TL2
by

jskinner-esristaff

Should the behavior be any difference between a HFS and a server FS.  I am trying to duplicate the same behaviour on a HFS and it does not seem to work.

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

I am having the same problem trying to replicate this behavior on a HFS. (Portal 10.4.1).

thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
TL2
by

Gary,

GeoEvent can be VERY frustrating. The properties look correct.

I troubleshoot by recreating the inputs, reimporting the layer definition, deleting and recreating the service & checking logs to make sure connections are working.

NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

I am having the issue. I am trying to overwrite a value in an existing field, but I am not getting anything in the output? 

0 Kudos
MikeSchonlau

We now have this working by using the domain description instead of the code in the filter.

DavidForbuss1

Hi there,

I'm trying to get this working, but I need the field to update for one single specific row.  Is that possible?  I imagine some sort of selection would need to take place.  Here's what I'm trying to do:

Feature Point layer>>related table (written to via Survey 123) with globalIDs from parent feature point layer.

I need GeoEvent to watch that related table for new entries, and when a new one is created, set a "needs attention" flag to "Yes" on the parent feature layer (determined via the globalID).  Once a user responds to the request, they can just edit the parent point layer and change the flag to "No".  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

David Forbuss

0 Kudos