Create results as hosted feature layer view - not working

04-23-2019 01:32 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to join a CSV from an active and dynamic Google Sheet to a layer in AGOL. The idea is when the Google Spread sheet updates, the map updates by changing color based on the inputs on the spread sheet. When I join the data from CSV in Google Spread sheets to the layer in AGOL the "Create results as hosted features layer view" never completes. The blue spinning circle goes on and on without success. I've literally let it run for over 24 hours.

Some things I've made sure of:

- The spread sheet has been published to the web as a sheet and as whole document (I've tried both ways)

- When I bring in the CSV into AGOL via the Add button I choose "Add layer from Web". I then choose to "A CSV File" as the type of data I am referencing and enter in the URL produced in Google Sheets.

- I chose to Locate Features by: "None, add as table"

- The process is successful with I choose "use current map extent" instead of "Create results as hosted features layer view" (but this isn't helpful, as this is a static solution. Where as I need the map to update as the GoogleSheet is updated.)

Has any one else had this issue? If there is any other info I can provide to narrow down the potential issue, please let me know! 

Thanks!

0 Replies