Can't log on ArcGIS GeoEvent Manager?

5961
11
12-10-2014 03:47 PM
New Contributor II

hi, all,

After updating to ArcGIS 10.3 server and GeoEvent Extension, I could not log on with the previous user 'arcgis' and its pw 'manager' any more on to GeoEvent Manager.

Where can I reset the login credentials?

with much thanks,

Moon One

Reply
0 Kudos
11 Replies
New Contributor III

In GEP 10.3 you have to log in with the ArcGIS Server primary site administrator, the GEP admin (arcgis/manager) have been removed,

Sindre

New Contributor II

I'm working with 10.4.1 on a Windows Server 2012R2 and am locked out the GeoEvent Manager. I can log into Server Manager just fine. I even reset the Server Manger password, but it's like it's not syncing to GeoEvent Manager. I tried arcgis/manager too and it didn't work. Even uninstalled GeoEvent and reinstalled it. Any suggestions would be great, thanks!!

Ashley Newby

Reply
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ashley, 

I just encountered this behavior myself on a testing environment I was configuring. What fixed it for me was to stop and start the GeoEvent Windows Service, and clear the browser cache. After that I opened a new private browser just to rule out a cache and I was able to login with the Primary Site Administrator. From what I've noticed so far this behavior is erratic at best, but there are not corruptions as far as I can tell. The browser is simply failing to pass the token to the ArcGIS Server for verification, and it's happened so infrequently that I have not had a chance to examine it with Developer Tools. Let me know if you've done this already or what the outcome is if you try.

-Chris 

New Contributor II

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the quick response! The Primary Site Administrator is the same credentials to get into Server Manager correct? If so, then I still cannot get into to GeoEvent Manager. I stopped the GeoEvent service, then the Server service > cleared both IE and Chrome cache > then started the Server service, then the GeoEvent service. Still locked out of GeoEvent Manger. I tried with localhost and my machine name in the URL just to see if it made a difference. Dev tools said "Error 500 bad gateway". Any idea where to go from here?

Thanks!!

Ashley

Reply
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Ashley, 

If this is a blank GeoEvent installation, you could stop the GeoEvent Windows Service and clear out the contents of the C:\ProgramData\Esri\ directory. This contains the Zookeeper configuration files, and can have an effect on system performance at times.While the Windows Service is down, you could also clear out the contents of the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\data directory. This contains the unpacked components that are responsible for running GeoEvent. It's possible that one of them did not get unpacked correctly. Keep in mind that deleting the Zookeeper directory will delete any services you've created inside of GeoEvent Manager.

After you've done this (if you can), start the GeoEvent Windows Service again and pay attention to the ArcGISGeoEvent.exe and java.exe processes. If GeoEvent is installed correctly, they should consume about 1MB and 500MB of system RAM respectively.

-Chris 

New Contributor II

Still no luck  The ArcGISGeoEvent.exe and java.exe processes were using approx. 1MB and 500MB of system RAM before and after I cleared out the directories mentioned above. I talked to our GIS librarian at NC State and he'll submit a ticket since 2 of my students have the same issue now so it's probably good to have a case on it. 

Thanks!!

Reply
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Ashley, 

By chance, do you know if the machine's DNS alias or local machine name was changed recently? I've been able to reproduce the behavior by renaming one of my machines through the Windows Advanced System properties. 

- Chris

Reply
0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hey Chris,

I don't think the name was changed recently, but I did notice that the "computer name" win2012r2 is different than the "machine name" listed in the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory. Think that would make a difference? The VM I'm working on is a testing environment so let me know if you want me to try anything!  ~Ashley

Here are the steps that ended up fixing it:

  1. Launched GeoEvent Manager page in Chrome.
  2. To the left of the web address, clicked the icon: Warning Warning.
  3. Clicked on 'View Certificate Details'.
  4. Navigated to 'Details' > 'Copy to file'. This created a .cer file in a folder.
  5. Next, we navigated to the location where we had saved the file. Double clicked the file > Install Certificate > Installed the certificate in the 'Trusted root storage certification Authority'.
  6. Also, navigated to 'ArcGIS Server Administrative Directory' (https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin) > Machines > MACHINENAME > sslcertificates > Import root or intermediate > Imported the .cer file that we had created earlier.
  7. Restarted GeoEvent twice.
Occasional Contributor II

If selfsigned certificate is used by ArcGIS Server, this can be fixed by regenerating a new certificate in ArcGIS Server Admin and then edit the machine to use the newly generated certificate. After ArcGIS Server successfully applied the new certificate, restart GeoEvent Windows Service twice to allow GeoEvent to synchronize its certificate/security store with ArcGIS Server. You should be able to login to GeoEvent Manager after that.