can not reach the geoevent manager in arcgis 10.7

Jump to solution
03-27-2019 02:15 AM
ShengrongLiu
New Contributor II

RJ Sunderman Earl Medina

I can not reach the geoevent manager after my installation,it said that my connection is not private,when i click "advanced" button there is no tips about Proceed to liushr.com.cn (unsafe) but  get many other information  just like the pictures below,so that I can not reach my geoevent manager.

I used  ArcGIS 10.7 (geoevent_server_107_167668)which is just released several days before, and I encounterd this prolem first in geoevent 10.7 prerelease version, windows 10 professional, and i had turn office the firewall.

so is there anyone else encounter this problem, and what can i do to log in my geoevent manager?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengrongLiu
New Contributor II

Hi Earl Medina,

l'm sorry for my late reply! I finally found the reason of the problem. it's mainly because I uninstalled geoevent server 10.6.1 and then installed geoevent 10.7 in the same machine without  clearing the cache file in "C:\ProgramData\Esri\GeoEvent" and "C:\ProgramData\Esri\GeoEvent-Gateway".  In the folder of 'C:\ProgramData\Esri\GeoEvent\certs' there is a 'geoEventSSLCertificate.jks' file and i guest it remembered the certificate of gevent, so that cause the different certificate used by geoevent 10.7 and by portal and server 10.7, and then cause that problem.

I clear that cache and then reinstalled geoevent server and it works.

thank you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there,

If I remember correctly, this type of behavior occurred on 10.6.x with Google Chrome 67 (addressed by this patch? ArcGIS GeoEvent Server 10.6 Patch 1 ). I distinctly remember working around the issue with Firefox as the patch wasn't out at the time.

Can you let us know:

• If this occurs in other browsers (e.g. Firefox)
  • Your version of Google Chrome

I just installed GeoEvent myself yesterday but did not yet get around to checking the functionality. I'll let you know if I encounter similar behavior.

Kind regards,

Earl

0 Kudos
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Shengrong,

I hope I didn't confuse with the above information - I assumed you simply wanted to ignore the warning (you might be able to do so with another browser). The better question to ask is whether you configured the ArcGIS Server with a valid certificate or if you're just using the self-signed one.

Let's you have a domain certificate issued to shengrong.geoevent.com. Create a password-protected keystore/pfx from that, import to ArcGIS Server (in the Admin endpoint), and replace the internal Web Server certificate with yours. Additionally, import the root certificate that corresponds to that domain certificate.

Additionally, in the above example you may need to install the root and domain certificate. In the case of Chrome, you would do that by going to Settings > Advanced > Mange Certificates > Import. From there you import the certificate and store it in  "Trusted Root Certification Authorities." Restart Chrome and you should be good to go.

0 Kudos
liurong
New Contributor

"I hope I didn't confuse with the above information - I assumed you simply wanted to ignore the warning (you might be able to do so with another browser). The better question to ask is whether you configured the ArcGIS Server with a valid certificate or if you're just using the self-signed one."

yes, what you had assumed is correct and I just wanted to ignore the warnings so that I can use geoevent manager normally, and as a product engineer of geoevent server in Esri China, I used geoevent very often and just use it in my own computer using the self-certificate, there is no way for me to get a CA certificate or difficultly to get a domain certificate. it seems that the self-certificate is not supported to import to chrome in "trusted Root Certification Authorities"?(I know it can be imported to ArcGIS Server Admin) I tried and it failed:

About certificate that geoevent used, I wonder which certificate do you usually used in Esri?do you all use a CA certificate or domain certificate? customer in china almost uses self-certificate as far as I know, so sometimes we may have many difficulties to use geoevent  stably and normal functional.

0 Kudos
liurong
New Contributor

Hi Earl Medina,

Thanks very much for your reply! and I do what you had suggest and find that all the browsers in my computor can not reach the manager page, incuding firefox(version 66.0.2(32-bit)),chrome(version 73.0.3683.86(official build)(64-bit)), ie(version 11.523.17134.0),360 browser(which is used often in china).

ie browser behaves like this:

firefox behaves like this:

it sounds like that the geoevent gateway service need to be restart, so I do what I think, and it tips that I must restart the geoevent sevice while restarting the gateway servce, but a another questions accors : the geoevet service could not be stopped.

I wait for about ten minutes and it stopped it-self, and  then I stop geoevent gateway service and then restart it and restart geoevent service the following, the firefox behaves the same , no matter how long we wait. and I tried to restart my computer too and it also doesn't work.

Yes I remember this type of behavior occurred on 10.6.1 and need a sp1 to fix it, but what should I do now excepting waiting for sp1 for 10.7?

by the way, I encountered the problem of geoevent service could not to be stopped or restarted very often even when I use geoevent 10.6.x, do you encounterd this before?

Thanks again.

Regards from

Lucy

0 Kudos
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lucy,

I didn't catch whether you also federated the ArcGIS Server - if so, then it would be good to have the ArcGIS Server cert in Portal and vice versa. I know Chrome used to have a "--ignore-certificate-errors" option when running but I'm not sure how well that works these days. No, there's no issues logged against 10.7 for this type of behavior - I don't have issues with GeoEvent 10.7 after performing the certificate configuration we've discussed. 

Regarding the 10.6.x issue, it might be worthwhile to make a copy of your GeoEvent configuration (unless you have no problems wiping it) and perform an Administrative Reset: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/enterprise-gis/geoevent/blog/2018/07/25/howto-administrativ...

-Earl

0 Kudos
ShengrongLiu
New Contributor II

Hi Earl Medina,

l'm sorry for my late reply! I finally found the reason of the problem. it's mainly because I uninstalled geoevent server 10.6.1 and then installed geoevent 10.7 in the same machine without  clearing the cache file in "C:\ProgramData\Esri\GeoEvent" and "C:\ProgramData\Esri\GeoEvent-Gateway".  In the folder of 'C:\ProgramData\Esri\GeoEvent\certs' there is a 'geoEventSSLCertificate.jks' file and i guest it remembered the certificate of gevent, so that cause the different certificate used by geoevent 10.7 and by portal and server 10.7, and then cause that problem.

I clear that cache and then reinstalled geoevent server and it works.

thank you!