Can I publish stream service to arcgis online?

Jump to solution
01-28-2020 11:15 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor II

I have a stream service published from GeoEvent Server ( 10.7)  to our Portal. Is there a way to publish the service to an Enterprise AGOL account other than adding it as an item in AGO?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

Hi Sowjanya Sunkara‌,

if you publish a Stream Layer to your ArcGIS Enterprise you also just add a item to your ArcGIS Enterprise Portal. 

The Stream Layer itself will be hosted on the ArcGIS Server part of the GeoEvent Server with a underlying WebSocket that is hosted on the GeoEvent Server.

So I would say right now it is not possible to publish a Stream Layer in ArcGIS Online.

ArcGIS Analytics for IoT will bring real-time capability to ArcGIS Online, so let's see what will be possible in the future.

Best Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

Hi Sowjanya Sunkara‌,

if you publish a Stream Layer to your ArcGIS Enterprise you also just add a item to your ArcGIS Enterprise Portal. 

The Stream Layer itself will be hosted on the ArcGIS Server part of the GeoEvent Server with a underlying WebSocket that is hosted on the GeoEvent Server.

So I would say right now it is not possible to publish a Stream Layer in ArcGIS Online.

ArcGIS Analytics for IoT will bring real-time capability to ArcGIS Online, so let's see what will be possible in the future.

Best Stefan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Stefan P. Jung‌ Thanks for clarifying. I can still add the stream layer ( hosted on the ArcGIS Sever) as an item to ArcGIS Online and should be able to see content?

0 Kudos