Unable to link ACC documents to Building Scene Layers

09-13-2022 01:34 AM
lorenzoz
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a simple issue on my ArcGIS GeoBIM project. I correctly synchronized my BIM Projects but I can't link my features to the documents in the link tab (and also in the app). The "Link" button is greyed out. 

I tried re-creating the project but it doesn't solve the problem. I also tried to share at "Organization" level the feature layers, but nothing happened.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Lorenzo

lorenzoz_0-1663058120293.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @lorenzoz, can you let me know where in the GeoBIM page experience you are having this problem? Is it on the Links page only? Or is it in the end-user app experience? Also, can you let me know what ArcGIS licensing you are using for these workflows? Which user type with the GeoBIM extension?

I just tested a new GeoBIM project and app and the link button was working in both of the experiences, so we'll probably need to see where the issue is occurring for you and check the licensing. 

0 Kudos
lorenzoz
New Contributor III

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your answer. I have this issue on every project, both in the Links page and in the end-user app experience.

GeoBIM is licensed with a Creator account (Administrator role) + ArcGIS GeoBIM User Type extension.

I also tried to rebuild a new Project. Same issue.

Thank you for your support.

Lorenzo

lorenzoz_0-1664525692399.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@lorenzoz One question I have is if you have a pop-up blocker enabled on your web browser? It may be blocking the acceptance to access your Autodesk content that would be needed before you can add the account or links. When you add a link, the service is checking for an authentication token within Autodesk using your Autodesk username, and that could be what's causing the problem. Please let me know since you may need to disable the pop-up blocker on the GeoBIM app site. 

0 Kudos
lorenzoz
New Contributor III

Hi Anthony, 

Thank you for your support.

I have everything enabled and I don't have any pop-up blocker.

I also tried disconnecting my Autodesk account and reconnecting it and it doesn't change anything.

Anyway, I found a "solution":

- when I try to link an object the first time, it doesn't work (picture 1)

lorenzoz_0-1666107358630.png

- If I click on the web scene (for example, the basemap), and then a second time on the same object, it works (picture 2)

lorenzoz_1-1666107487170.png

I know it sounds weird, but this "solves" the problem. 

May be a bug?

Thank you,

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the snapshots. Yes, that seems like a bug. If you are able to select it the first time, it should enable you to add a link like you're doing on the second time you select the same feature. We are going to need to look into this further and see if there is something we need to update for this to work on first selection.

0 Kudos