verification of a esri exam question

07-08-2013 07:03 AM
KenLucas
Occasional Contributor
This sample question is posted on the esri certification website. I don't buy their answer is D. Is this question in error or just a "trick" question. Any comments or explantations would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to answer a better written question correctly, if I encounter it in an exam.

Can ArcGIS Desktop be used on mobile?
A) Yes, only on smartphones..
B) No
C) Only on laptops
D) Use a software like ArcPad

Ken
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KierenTinning1
New Contributor II
Tricky,

Didn't answer their own question with D, that is an answer to a question not asked
0 Kudos
KenLucas
Occasional Contributor
thanks, Kieren.  I hope I don't encounter it on the exam.
Ken
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III
What is "mobile"? If this is the exact phrasing of the question, it is not specific enough to respond with a correct answer.

I have a tablet PC that runs Windows XP. Is that "mobile"? The tablet will run ArcGIS Desktop.

I agree that "D" is not an answer to the question.
0 Kudos
DaleDouk1
New Contributor II
Hi Ken,

I do want to clarify questions regarding some technically inaccurate questions found on an unaffiliated third-party Esri Certification blog site.

These exam questions are in no way indicative of actual exam content or question structure found on an official Esri Certification exam. The complexity of questions presented on this site misrepresent the knowledge expected of a qualified Esri Certified candidate.

Esri Certification exam content have been beta tested and psychometrically analyzed for reliability and consistency with differentiating the skills of a qualified candidate. With that said, Esri does not intentionally develop trick questions for our exams.

The goal of the Esri Technical Certification program is to certify candidates that have demonstrated a certain level of ArcGIS knowledge, and can apply this knowledge in challenging scenarios. Trick questions do not help us meet our goal with certifying those who truly understand the concepts tested on the exam.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our team at certification@esri.com.

Thanks,
Dale Douk | Certification Program Coordinator
Esri | 380 New York Street | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA
T 909-793-2853, ext. 4291 | certification@esri.com | esri.com
0 Kudos