Setting Up Project User Identity

1780
1
Jump to solution
10-22-2013 11:36 AM
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor
I am having trouble trying to configuring the user identity layer within Mobile Project Center (MPC).  In ArcMap, I have created a user identity point feature class for which I have two text fields within the point feature class called USER_ID and DISPLAY_ID.  The two text fields are associated with a user name domain.  This user identity layer along with other layers are then cached with the GP mobile cache tool.  Within MPC, I enable the user identity layer to be "used for Identifying current user" and then go to the Identity tab so that I can assign the fields.  Here's the issue, the drop down menu under the Contains column only contain None.  There is nothing to choose from.  Plus the Additional Options below are grayed out.

So it seems my user identity layer has an issue.  The user identity feature class is blank (no geometry and no attributes).  Is this the correct way of doing this?  Do I need to actually create points within the user identity feature class for each of the names so that those names are in the attributes and not just domain values?

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor
Okay, I tried a few different options with the user identity feature class and finally I was able to get things working for my situation.  So here's what I did, I created points in the project area for each of the users and added their names to both text fields.  I then removed the associated user domain from each of the fields.  Having a domain set for the fields was actually causing me not having the ability to select a value from the drop down menu in MPC within the user identity layer.  Once domain was removed, and I reran the caching tool in ArcMap, this allowed the drop down menu to display the different values.

Anyhow, in quick summary...

  1. Created a point for each user and added their name to both text fields

  2. Removed domain from both text fields


View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor
Okay, I tried a few different options with the user identity feature class and finally I was able to get things working for my situation.  So here's what I did, I created points in the project area for each of the users and added their names to both text fields.  I then removed the associated user domain from each of the fields.  Having a domain set for the fields was actually causing me not having the ability to select a value from the drop down menu in MPC within the user identity layer.  Once domain was removed, and I reran the caching tool in ArcMap, this allowed the drop down menu to display the different values.

Anyhow, in quick summary...

  1. Created a point for each user and added their name to both text fields

  2. Removed domain from both text fields


0 Kudos