Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Mobile v10 Data Sync to SDE 9.3.1???

02-10-2011 07:25 AM
RobertMEIER
Occasional Contributor
We have the following set up: ArcSDE 9.3.1, ArcGIS Server 10 and ArcGIS Mobile 10.

We have a custom mobile app that syncs data and are not seeing these edits pushed down to the mobile client.

We are have mobile services at v10 looking at data stored in sde9.3.1.

Can SDE 9.3.1 be used with an ArcGIS Mobile 10 app??

I looked at this chart and couldn't answer my question.
http://wikis.esri.com/wiki/display/SupportCenter/ArcGIS+10+-+Product+Compatibility+Matrix+for+Client...

Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Regular Contributor
Yes it can.  On my system, I have Server and Mobile 10 linked back to a 9.3.1 SDE using SQL 2008 on a separate server. 

Can this be reproduced in the out of the box application?
0 Kudos
RobertMEIER
Occasional Contributor
We are using Oracle, I assume that does not make a difference??
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Regular Contributor
No, the underlying database should not be an issue.  Did the out of the box work?  Did you end up logging a support call on it?
0 Kudos
CiprianLazar
New Contributor III
I have the same setup: ArcSDE 9.3.1, ArcGIS Server 10 and ArcGIS Mobile 10, Oracle 11g, custom mobile app.
The initial synchronization is working fine (when I first get the data from the server when my cache is empty). After that I cannot synchronize the data. I can neither send nor receive the new data.

If I use FeatureLayerSyncAgent.Synchronize(), I get an error saying "Underlying DBMS error [ORA-00942: table or view does not exist] [FDG.OBJECTIVE_10]". (the table actually exists)

If I use MobileCacheSyncAgent.Synchronize(), I get an error saying "NullReferenceException".

Is the 9.3 SDE causing the problems? Did you solve your synchronization without changing the setup?
0 Kudos