Don't have permission to view this item - Admin user and dashboard shared publicly

Jump to solution
08-02-2022 07:33 AM
Beany
by
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am trying to view a dashboard via ArcGIS for Teams. I am an administrator for our Enterprise deployment and am successfully signed in. Other layers are shareable and viewable.

When using search the dashboard can be found and sent to other users as cards. The issue arises when opening the card and we are met with the no permission error. 

The dashboard is shared at "Public" so I don't know what could be blocking us!  

Any obvious errors anyone could point out or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

Hello Beany,

Thank you for the message, and taking your time to notify us on this issue. We currently are aware of this bug in the latest release and are actively investigating it to so we can provide ArcGIS for Teams with an update to that issue. I do not have an exact estimate of when this will be corrected though we are currently working on it!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

Hello Beany,

Thank you for the message, and taking your time to notify us on this issue. We currently are aware of this bug in the latest release and are actively investigating it to so we can provide ArcGIS for Teams with an update to that issue. I do not have an exact estimate of when this will be corrected though we are currently working on it!

Beany
by
New Contributor II

Hi Sebastien,

Thanks for your reply! We love the possibilities of the tool and would love to be able to pin and share our dashboards in channels so we hope to see this soon 🙂

Thanks again,

Beany 

0 Kudos
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

Hello Beany,

Yes! And we hope to have it updated as soon as possible. To better understand the issue and take into account as many possibilities, would you mind sharing the public item that was blocked? Either the item id or a link to the public item that can be viewed without sign in! 

Thank you,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Everyone

Any updates on this BUG? I get the same error message but not on all web maps I am trying to load into Teams.... 

0 Kudos
LauraSchmidt
New Contributor II

Any updates on this? If this known issue was resolved, I'm seeing a similar odd behavior. I'm being prompted to sign in to a web application that is embedded in one page of an Experience Builder app on a Teams tab. I'm the owner of all the layers and maps in the web app, and I'm an administrator. When I click "Sign In", I get a beautiful error: "Aborted :-(". The other pages of my Experience function as expected in Teams.

0 Kudos
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

How is the experience builder embedded? Through an Enterprise or a ArcGIS Online organization account? And when you initially sign in using the ArcGIS for Teams application, are you able to tab other experience builders without the same issue? And could you provide me a screenshot of the error as it occurs?

0 Kudos
LauraSchmidt
New Contributor II

@SebastianSaballett , thank you so much for following up. The issue has actually resolved, but for your information: The issue was with a web app builder application that was embedded in an Experience Builder app. The web app was embedded in the experience as a url on a page. Both applications were published in an AGOL organization. I removed the web application page from my experience, republished the experience, and saw no issues in Teams. I did not attempt to add the web app page back into the experience until today. Now, the experience works as desired.

0 Kudos