Pop-up & drillt hrough

Jump to solution
03-05-2014 11:10 AM
DenisVasconcelos
New Contributor
Hi,

I have a report that drill-through to another more detailed report (without map).
Is there a way to first the user click on the pinpoint, then open the pop-up and from pop-up if the user wants then go the detailed report?
Basically the user wants to first double check what city is that, before going to the detailed report.

Thank you
Denis
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaredGrondin
New Contributor III
Hello Denis,

When using the interactive behavior to drill through to other reports in Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 5.x there is currently not a way to "delay" the report from running after the feature on the map is selected.  Essentially once you click on the feature the report will run.

When I want to have some way to confirm that I have selected the proper feature before viewing the next report, I use one of the interactive behavior settings called "Display prompt page".  When you are creating or configuring the interactive behavior to drill through to other reports the setting to "Display prompt page" has three options:

1. Always

2. Based on the default prompt settings of the target report

3. Only when the required parameter values are missing

If you choose the option "Always" then a prompt page will appear before running the detailed report.  The prompt page will show the selected value.  If the value is not what the user wants to see they can either select a new value from the drop down list or press the back button to go back to the source report with the map.

I hope this information helps in your future projects,

Jared G.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JaredGrondin
New Contributor III
Hello Denis,

When using the interactive behavior to drill through to other reports in Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 5.x there is currently not a way to "delay" the report from running after the feature on the map is selected.  Essentially once you click on the feature the report will run.

When I want to have some way to confirm that I have selected the proper feature before viewing the next report, I use one of the interactive behavior settings called "Display prompt page".  When you are creating or configuring the interactive behavior to drill through to other reports the setting to "Display prompt page" has three options:

1. Always

2. Based on the default prompt settings of the target report

3. Only when the required parameter values are missing

If you choose the option "Always" then a prompt page will appear before running the detailed report.  The prompt page will show the selected value.  If the value is not what the user wants to see they can either select a new value from the drop down list or press the back button to go back to the source report with the map.

I hope this information helps in your future projects,

Jared G.
0 Kudos