How can I add ArcGIS Maps Web part to the page in Esri Maps for SharePoint 4.0?

Jump to solution
07-19-2015 09:02 PM
millyzhang
New Contributor

I can only use Esri Maps Web part, how can I add ArcGIS Maps Web part to the page in Esri Maps for SharePoint 4.0?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II

If you have previous ArCGIS Maps Web parts, go to

Legacy ArcGIS Mapping Settings. If you do not, you will not be able to add the ArcGIS Web Part. See: About the ArcGIS Map Web Part—Esri Maps for SharePoint | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II

If you have previous ArCGIS Maps Web parts, go to

Legacy ArcGIS Mapping Settings. If you do not, you will not be able to add the ArcGIS Web Part. See: About the ArcGIS Map Web Part—Esri Maps for SharePoint | ArcGIS

ElitsaBaklova
New Contributor II

Dear Milly,

Please note on our Home page, just under "What is new in 4.0" we have an Important note about the ArcGIS Map Web Part.

Esri Maps for SharePoint | ArcGIS

"It is recommended that you use the Esri Maps JavaScript web part in place of the ArcGIS Maps Silverlight web part—you will no longer be able to add new ArcGIS Map Silverlight web parts to site pages."

Basically, we still display and allow you to work with your preexisting ArcGIS Map Web Parts, but you will not be able to add new ArcGIS Map Web Parts, starting from 4.0 onwards. If you want to still be able to add them, please do not upgrade to 4.0.

Best,
Elitsa Baklova

0 Kudos