ESRI Maps for Sharepoint run mode - AGOL Sign In

Jump to solution
11-10-2014 07:12 AM
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III

Do users that have access to Run Mode have to have an ArcGIS Online account to sign in with since all they are doing is interacting with the map?

I didn't see this referenced in the ESRI Maps for SharePoint material.

Thanks,

Steven

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StevenGraf1

I forgot to answer my own question.  I put in an ESRI ticket for this one because I didn't get a response on the forums and this is what they said

Esri Maps for SharePoint 3.0.1 requires that you have either an ArcGIS Online organization account or a named user in Portal for ArcGIS.  This is true for run mode or edit mode in the Esri Maps Web Part. 

Thanks for replying to remind me!

Steven

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
StevenGraf1

I assume they do because they have the ability to share maps across your organization.

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  Is there a definitive answer to this?  We're thinking we'd use Esri Maps for SharePoint web parts to develop maps for others to use.  And those "others" could number in the thousands.  That's not likely feasible if each viewer needs an agol account.

Thanks,

Mary Ellen

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

I forgot to answer my own question.  I put in an ESRI ticket for this one because I didn't get a response on the forums and this is what they said

Esri Maps for SharePoint 3.0.1 requires that you have either an ArcGIS Online organization account or a named user in Portal for ArcGIS.  This is true for run mode or edit mode in the Esri Maps Web Part. 

Thanks for replying to remind me!

Steven

0 Kudos
ThomasMontefusco

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Hi.  Thanks for the information.  And darn, that's a deal-breaker for us.

Mary Ellen

0 Kudos
Drew
by

Hello,

I believe this post answers my question but I want to make sure the same applies to Beta 4....

Is the only way we can have someone "view" a map in SharePoint [2013] is to have that user as a named user within our AGOL account or Portal?

We would like to share our data to hundreds of users and we can not support this many named users - are we forced to develop our own solution?

Drew

0 Kudos
DaraBurlo
Esri Community Manager

Hi Drew,

Yes, Esri Maps for SharePoint 4.0 will still require that you have either an ArcGIS Organization account or a named user in Portal for ArcGIS.

Dara

0 Kudos