Coordinate List - Location Settings Latitude/Longitude Dropdown Incorrect

06-08-2014 09:43 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: HaouariGis2014

Hello folks. Please i have the same problem as the one posted here : http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/506...down-Incorrect . I do not have the Latitude/Longitude selection in their respective dropdowns on the Coordinate Fields when I attempt to create a new ArcGIS Location column. When I select the column type as an ArcGIS Location field the latitude/longitude dropdowns appear. But they do not contain the same selection fields as the example. I really dont know from where came the probleme. So any help is welcome Thanks in advance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34437[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34438[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: katydalton

Hello Amine,

Adding the Esri Location Field only works if you already have coordinate data in your list. Do you have X, Y data of some kind in your list? If so, then look for those columns in the X, Y drop-down menus.

Hope that helps,
Katy
0 Kudos
aminehaouari
New Contributor
Hii 🙂 Thanks for your answer Katy. I solve the problem. To have X and Y or ShapeX and ShapeY in the dropdown list, i had to create a workflow localisation Esri maps. That's create the X and Y columns in the list.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: katydalton

Hi Amine,

Just to clarify: Esri Maps for SharePoint has two ways to add your list data to a map:

1. Run the Locate Workflow if you have addresses, cities, states, etc. Once you run this workflow, you can immediately add the list to the map web part.

2. Add the Location field if you have a list with coordinates. In this scenario, you do not need to first run the Locate Workflow. You simply need to make sure that your list data has X,Y coordinates (but the titles of the column can be anything).

Hope that helps,
Katy
0 Kudos