Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS SharPoint - Displaying Geotagged Document Link in Pop Up window

Jump to solution
08-04-2023 09:57 AM
JMox
by
New Contributor II

I would like to display a list of documents associated with a particular feature in either a pop up in side the ArcGIS web app or list located outside the ArcGIS SharePoint web app.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Hi @JMox --

We are currently working on adding an enhancement to the web part popup to show the geotag document links. Would that be sufficient? This is something we can deliver in a couple of months.

We are also working on a separate enhancement to show the document geotags as an attribute in ArcGIS, but this will most likely be rolled out in Q1 of 2024.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Hi @JMox - Thanks for posting your question. If I understand correctly, you are attaching documents to SharePoint list items and once the Geocoded SharePoint list is added to the map web part, you'd like to show the attachments in the pop-up, am I right?

Thanks,

Raaj

0 Kudos
JMox
by
New Contributor II

Yes, geotagging document in the webpart, assigning tags but would like the link location and documents to list to pop up in arcgis when a feature is selected or somewhere on the sharepoint page

0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Hi @JMox --

We are currently working on adding an enhancement to the web part popup to show the geotag document links. Would that be sufficient? This is something we can deliver in a couple of months.

We are also working on a separate enhancement to show the document geotags as an attribute in ArcGIS, but this will most likely be rolled out in Q1 of 2024.

0 Kudos
JMox
by
New Contributor II

That's great thank you so much!

0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

You're very welcome! 🙂

0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

@JMox - I was wondering if you've used the "Geosearch" feature? While we work on the popup enhancement, I thought of suggesting "Geosearch" which would allow the user to find documents geotagged to features by clicking on the feature.

0 Kudos
JMox
by
New Contributor II

I did, and I didn't get the results I wanted.  I have a feeling it's because my version is older. 

0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Got it. After the app is updated in your SharePoint tenant, if you are experiencing any issues with geotag or geosearch, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks,

Raaj

0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

@JMox - I have a question. In order to be able to edit/add document tags to a SharePoint list data, the user who is tagging the document needs "write" privileges on the SP list. In your organization, does the staff who do the tagging have "write" privileges on the SharePoint lists? What if they don't have "write" permissions on certain SharePoint lists?

Thanks,

Raaj 

0 Kudos