Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS and SharePoint 2007

03-19-2013 06:53 PM
PeterShoemark
New Contributor II
Hello,
       my organisation is looking at ArcGIS for SharePoint however we are Enterprise wide restricted to MS SharePoint 2007 at this stage.
       The Esri online documentation says 'prerequisites for 2.1.1: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 must be installed.' I suspect it may be a while before we are at that point.

Has anyone had a version of ArcGIS for SharePoint running in MS SharePoint 2007??

Cheers, Peter
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Wondering the same thing, anyone try this?

0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor

Peter & Michael,

Esri Maps for SharePoint 3.0.1 (latest released version) is not supported on SharePoint 2007; it is only supported on SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, and now SharePoint Online (part of Office 365). In fact, I don't believe the installer will even let you proceed if you are using anything prior to SharePoint 2010. Also, please note that previous versions of Esri's SharePoint product are not available.

Hope that helps,

Katy

Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
TimOost
New Contributor

maybe do an export and use a javacript customized piece of html to show that exported data on a Google or Bing map in stead? Check out Codeplex or Gmaplist if you're interested. Surely, there will be other alternatives out there, but these are my two cents. Good luck, tim

0 Kudos