Is it possible to create our own boundaries with ArcGIS Maps for Power BI?

07-03-2020 06:09 AM
mucahittimar
New Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if we can create our own boundaries in organizational reference layer (from ArcGIS enterprise or ArcGIS Online) consumed by Power BI using ArcGIS Maps for Power BI and use the LOCATION field to filter/interact on these custom boundaries like when us ZIP code in the LOCATION field

5 Replies
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Are you talking about using a reference layer boundaries to select locations?

If so, this is possible. See the following link:

Work with layers—ArcGIS Maps for Power BI | Documentation 

Mark

Regards,
Mark
OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

Hello Mark,

I have the same question, and I need to show my own polygon layer symbolized with the data selected using Power BI. Not reference layer.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Ofra A.

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ofra,

Yes but under the condition that the polygon in question is an administrative boundary found within the Esri World Geocoder. (such as a county, etc). At this time, it is not possible to drag in your own Polygon data.

Keep on keeping on!
rdemunnik
New Contributor

Hi JonEmch,

We support clients that have to run behind firewalls and have no internet access e.g. security agencies and defense. We can use ArcGIS Enterprise and Power BI Reporting Server. What do we do about the Geocoding, Drivetime, Basemaps and Boundary Location layers that are only available online only?

Any ideas?

Thank you

Rudolf

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Rudolf,

ArcGIS for PowerBI is supported on PowerBI Report Server which runs in an online state. Unfortunately, this excludes offline / disconnected environments at this time. Please see the blog from the Microsoft Integration Product Manager below: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/power-bi/announcements/arcgis-for-power-bi-is-now-in-repor...

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos