How is Drive Time calculated?

07-09-2018 04:20 AM
AdamOrris
New Contributor

When utilizing the drive time application, I am just curious as to how that measure is calculated? For instance, lets say you are looking for a 10 minute drive from a certain pin location...how is that 10 minutes calculated?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Adam - Maps for Power BI uses the drive time service on ArcGIS Online using the default driving mode. You can learn more here: Create Drive-Time Areas—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
AdamOrris
New Contributor

Hey Scott - I see that and have read what it says for drive time default mode (see below)...but whenever I open Power BI and it enables to ESRI, the drive time of 10 minutes is always the same area...so my guess is that it's static and doesn't change each time i open it...Is it safe to assume it is calculated on an average for the area???

Models the movement of cars and other similar small automobiles, such as pickup trucks, and finds solutions that optimize travel time. Travel obeys one-way roads, avoids illegal turns, and follows other rules that are specific to cars. When you specify a start time, dynamic travel speeds based on traffic are used where it is available.

0 Kudos