Getting Started with ArcGIS Maps for Power BI

Jump to solution
12-15-2020 01:22 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have fired up Power BI, loaded the ArcGIS Maps visualization, signed in, and I seem to be missing something.

Should I be seeing the content of the portal or AGOL site I am connected to? I don't see any data at all. I've signed into a couple different sites successfully, but I have never seen any layers or content to work with or view.

I fear I am overlooking something obvious. If someone could provide a slight nudge, I'd much appreciate it. 

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Perceval84
New Contributor II

Hello, I am trying to be able to use the polygon graphing by putting the postal code in the "location" field, however this does not allow me to view the map on the web, what can I do?

0 Kudos
JuliaBalakirova1
New Contributor III

The only way to connect visual to tabular - or the map to the loaded tabular data - is thru using the TopoJSon format of the files. You can only load one TopoJSon at a time, but if you manage to export several GIS layers into single TopojSon file - you could potential have several layers of the data loaded into the map. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Randy,

If you want to report on Lines and Polygons, you will need to leverage Power Automate to convert them into a CSV. When you do so, we format the geometry into a format the visual can read and report on with other visuals as well. https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/power-bi/announcements/arcgis-connectors-in-power-automate...

If you want to add your ArcGIS data as reference layers in the map, you can do that through the map controls. Once logged in, we can look at the layers accessible to that user from ArcGIS Online or Enterprise. These layers will display on the map, but you cannot report on the layers from Feature Services. 

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos