cannot publish map to powerbi dashboard

09-01-2021 05:32 AM
shanwong
New Contributor

Hi there, after the latest update, i am unable to publish my map to the powerbi dashboard. 

Anyone can share how do i resolve this? 

Thank you in advance, 

Shan

6 Replies
AlbertPorterosVillar
New Contributor II

Hi Shanwong,

I'm facing the same issue, I'm seeing a message where my map was saying:

"ARCGIS FOR POWER BI

Access to this content requires permission. Sign in below, or contact the content's owner for access. Learn more."

Any idea or help here?

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Albert, 

Thank you for reaching out. Are you signed into the visual with the same credentials you used to publish the map? Easiest way to check this is to add the ArcGIS for PowerBI visual to the dashboard and check to see if shows you as signed in.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
AlbertPorterosVillar
New Contributor II

Hi @JonEmch , we never had any ArcGIS account so we were using it as it is, just dragging the information into the visual and it used to work. The thing is that if I create new maps, it does work, but the old ones are getting broken.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@AlbertPorterosVillar  If you need an account to fix this, you can DM me and I'll set you up.

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you provide me any details on the specific issues and error messages you are facing?? Can you post some error messages?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
HeloiseG
New Contributor

Hi there! 

I am using PowerBi Desktop to create a report, with a license, and i've read we can use the standard version of ArcGis maps. 

I've tried to change an existing map for the arcgis one, but I get the same message as Albert; 

HeloiseG_0-1630578109027.png

If I click on the link ("know more" in French), it leads me to the trial page of Esri (esri.com/arcgis/trial), but I don't want to use an account for now, I just want to try out the maps with my powerbi account. 

It does seem to work properly if I create a new map though. 

0 Kudos