Can ArcGIS for power bi support line features such as road networks?

Jump to solution
07-23-2020 08:15 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am attempting to use PowerBI to display precipitation data for the state of Iowa on a dashboard currently under development. We have done this in the past simply using ArcMap. The road layer is the location data but doesn't contain lat/long or an address because it is not a point or polygon feature. This road map has been used since before I was here and is update periodically. Is there a way to use this road data in powerbi and have it update monthly with the new report? I attached an example of a previously made map for reference. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Good afternoon Britney Markhardt,

PowerBI Is typically used with point data at this time. However, you are able to include a reference layer from ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, so long as those organizations meet the necessary requirements. What this means for you is that if you have a PowerBI based dataset that you would like to enhance with an ArcGIS Online line feature, you should be able to do so. For more information on reference layers, please see this document.

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Good afternoon Britney Markhardt,

PowerBI Is typically used with point data at this time. However, you are able to include a reference layer from ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, so long as those organizations meet the necessary requirements. What this means for you is that if you have a PowerBI based dataset that you would like to enhance with an ArcGIS Online line feature, you should be able to do so. For more information on reference layers, please see this document.

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos