Analyze data stored in Enterprise Geodatabase

10-22-2020 01:42 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a client that want to run analysis in Power BI with data stored in Enterprise geodatabase and it is registered as versioned. They published the data as feature service to ArcGIS Enterprise but it is only supported as reference layer in power bi. I don't think it is a good idea to access the enterprise geodatabase directly and load the table since it is registered as versioned. The other option we could think of is to export this feature class table every 24 hrs. Is there any other options for this client?

Thanks,

Andy

2 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Andy,

At the current iteration of ArcGIS Maps for PowerBI, there is no way to bring in a feature layer as an analysis layer. The only way to do so is as you said to connect the dataset via PowerBI. The only other options I could see is making the layer in question available publicly an importing the layer via web. Obviously this opens up the data for everyone who has the rest endpoint but that is an option.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the suggestion. I suggested the client to connect to the database and access the feature class versioned view table since the feature class is registered as version.

Thanks,

Andy