Select to view content in your preferred language

'Update record in feature layer' action - no longer takes domain code for field update?!

2 weeks ago
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor III

I have a number of flows set up that connect to data in AGO, listen for the feature updates, then send emails, and update email_status of the features after an email has been sent. 

Yesterday (6/13) I needed to make a minor change to one of the flows (remove one value from the Condition), and when I tried to save the flow I got an error indicating that I have wrong value in the 'Update a record in a feature' action, the error basically indicated that I should use the domain description instead of domain code value. 

NataliyaLys_0-1718394866309.png

I made the changes throughout my flow, and was able to save it sucessfully. But my flow now doesn't recognize the updates to the email_status, and it keeps getting fired when updates are made. 

Was there a recent update to the Power Automate ArcGIS actions that would cause this? 

Also, I would really appreciated any suggestions on how to fix the issue.  Thank you!

Tags (3)
7 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I have just encountered this exact same issue and it is causing me a lot of grief right now, it wouldn't let me save with the domain codes typed in, so I changed the selections to the drop down list the action provided (appreciate that new functionality) as well, but now it's not storing the domain values, it stores the description, which messes up the data and breaks symbology in the maps it's being used in.

I am not using the Update action though, I am using the Create action. And this is true for both the new and classic automate designers.

@SeanKMcGinnis any insights to if there was an update or if there's any resolution for this? 

0 Kudos
PavelJ
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello, thanks for reporting this! We are working on a fix, and it should be done soon.
Let us know if you need any support while we work on it.

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @PavelJ thank you so much for letting us know that you're working on fixing this! Is there a BUG that we can have support attach us to? I had opened a case with Esri Canada the other day.

Please keep us updated! 

0 Kudos
PavelJ
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@NataliyaLys @RobertAnderson3 
We pushed a fix for the coded values in Create a record in a feature layer and Update a record in a feature layer. Previously existing flows should be working, and the dropdown will not be available.
Available values will be shown in the parameter description, but other values will be supported.

Please feel free to reach out here or at powerautomate@esri.com if you have any questions or suggest improvements to better support your flows.

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Amazing @PavelJ thank you for such a quick turnaround on this!

I see in the parameter it shows the descriptions, not the domain codes. If we put in the description or leave the options from the dropdown lists, will it apply the domain value or the pure text like it has been?

That said, I do like the idea of the dropdown being there, it just needs to pass the information correctly to store the domain code.

Have a great weekend!

0 Kudos
PavelJ
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@RobertAnderson3We plan to redo how domains are handled in a later release to prevent breaking existing flows.

NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor III

@PavelJ Thank you for fixing this. 

0 Kudos