Excel Sign-In Error

Jump to solution
10-21-2020 08:52 AM
GregHorne
New Contributor III

In the past week, I have installed the necessary component onto our Portal site and also the desktop plugin.  The plugin works fine from Excel and PowerPoint on my computer.

I installed the plugin onto a different computer and have run into an issue doing a sign-in from Excel.  Clicking sign-in in Excel results in the error: Invalid redirect_uri - Error: 400" (see attachment)

The peculiar thing is that I am able to sign-in from PowerPoint.  Once signed in from PowerPoint, this however does not allow me to sign in from Excel.  Same error is thrown when the sign-in button is clicked.

The installed components are:

ArcGISMapsForOffice_x86_2020.1.2_en.exe

Portal_Resources_for_ArcGIS_Enterprise_2020.1.2_en.exe

Ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregHorne
New Contributor III

I managed to solve the issue. 

Although the url I had set for our Portal was correct, I pointed the url to ArcGIS Online and successfully signed in.

Subsequently I changed the url to point back to our Portal and successfully signed in.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Greg,

> I ... have run into an issue doing a sign-in from Excel.  Clicking sign-in in Excel results in the error: Invalid redirect_uri - Error: 400" (see attachment) ...The peculiar thing is that I am able to sign-in from PowerPoint. 

We haven't seen this behavior. Can you please contact Esri Tech Support and open a case with them, so they can help you investigate further? You should provide a Fiddler log to monitor web traffic when this behavior occurs. Thanks.

0 Kudos
GregHorne
New Contributor III

I managed to solve the issue. 

Although the url I had set for our Portal was correct, I pointed the url to ArcGIS Online and successfully signed in.

Subsequently I changed the url to point back to our Portal and successfully signed in.

0 Kudos