Excel - Maps for Office can not find data (Named Range, Range nor Table)

Jump to solution
01-14-2021 03:17 AM
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Hi. I sm preparing to host some training where one intention was to show Maps for Office with data in Excel. Actually testing with a sample form the AGON class (chapter 4). 

Tried on 2 PC's
- Win 64-bit on both machines
- Office 32 bit 2012 on one machine, and Office 64 bit 2020 on the other
- Norwegian locale on both machines

On both machines all functionality seems to work (make slide, add layers, change basemap etc) BUT on neither machines Maps for Office is able to find my Excel data. That goes for both data as just a range, a named range or a table. Anyone seen this before and help with a solution? 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello there!

In my experience, this behavior is actually a symptom of a potential bad geolocator that has been configured in your ArcGIS Online / Enterprise organization. Please confirm that all configured geolocator URL's are accessible from your ArcGIS Online host org.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello there!

In my experience, this behavior is actually a symptom of a potential bad geolocator that has been configured in your ArcGIS Online / Enterprise organization. Please confirm that all configured geolocator URL's are accessible from your ArcGIS Online host org.

Keep on keeping on!
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @JonEmch that was spot on! One of the Locators available had had a broken URL. Many thanks! pH