Enable Private Organization Data

08-29-2017 03:44 PM
DavidBirkigt
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Map for Power BI: Enable private organization data 

Same request as this one I found outside the Power BI thread. Wither through portal or ArcGIS online there should be some way to integrate layers without sharing publically.

Tags (1)
6 Comments
by Anonymous User

We really need this feature.  We want to include layers from our ArcGIS Online system into our PowerBI dashboards, but for a whole bunch of reasons we cant make them public.  The data is there.  There ought to be a way to access it.

VitalyLivshits

This is a must-have feature for us. We can only share some of the data publicly. Is the feature on a roadmap?

Thanks,

Vitaly

ScottBall

Thanks for your feedback and comments requesting the ability to use private organizational content in ArcGIS Maps for Power BI. This IS something we plan to bring to the visual, likely in 2018. 

by Anonymous User

Thanks very much Scott - this is great news.  Thanks for following it through.  Keen to hear more about the timing in due course.  

by Anonymous User

Scott Ball‌ I realise this might be a tad of a necro-post, but any word on this feature yet? My organisation is considering ArcGIS for PowerBI (~1200 installations), and having access to enterprise data is a must. And for that matter: is ArcGIS Enterprise itself already supported? (we dropped most of our ArcGIS Online in favour of ArcGIS Enterprise).

DavidBirkigt

Scott,

I have heard nothing on this topic, other than it is on the roadmap. So

afaik still no private data, and no date for private data.