Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem installing ArcGIS for INSPIRE 10.8.2 desktop extension

a week ago
Labels (1)
vedur
by
New Contributor II

Greetings,

I am trying to install the ArcGIS for INSPIRE 10.8.2 desktop extension by following the installation guide provided by ESRI but I can't for the life of me find the folder I am told to navigate to in step 3.3 (see image below). Any assistance in finding this location would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

vedur_0-1724419184882.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @vedur 

I believe this instruction is assuming that you already have the installation files installed for Desktop Extension. If you downloaded this from the ESRI website, you should be able to find this in your Downloads or Documents folder, it would look something like this:

CodyPatterson_0-1724419788663.png

You could also use the search function in your file system to try and find this as well, starting at the C:/ drive.

Cody

0 Kudos
vedur
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply! I think you are correct however I can not find any file referencing desktop extension in the ESRI download section, these are the only options I have:

vedur_0-1724420621433.png

vedur_1-1724420678916.png

Plus Database support files, Developer tools and language packs which I don't need to display here. I have also clicked on all the plus (+) signs to check if it could be listed under the parent download but failed to see any mention of it anywhere.

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @vedur 

I attempted to access the ArcGIS Extention for INSPIRE product page, and it led me to a 404. I assume this is a product that would need purchased through MyESRI. It may be beneficial to reach out to your product manager or ESRI support to find where the installation would be if already purchased, and find the ability to purchase if needed!

Cody

vedur
by
New Contributor II

ESRI support was going to be my next move 🙂 Thanks again for taking the time to assist!

0 Kudos
Jill_Saligoe-Simmel
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @vedur , 
For your awareness, ArcGIS for INSPIRE Classic follows the Enterprise 10.8 product lifecycle, which has entered its mature support period. Depending on your needs, the ArcGIS INSPIRE Open Data solution might be appropriate for you. There are currently about a dozen streamlined (simplified) fGDB templates available. More are anticipated, and our roadmap includes a Pro add-in to publish services using the INSPIRE classic (complex) GDB templates.

vedur
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Jill! I also work with ArcGIS Pro and am aware of the ArcGIS INSPIRE Open data solution. However I could not find sufficiently detailed documentation or instructions on how to use this new solution to accomplish my goal (which is listed in the image below).

vedur_0-1724425124988.png

From the overview page (here), where I got the screenshot from, I have no clue on how to go about doing this in ArcGIS Pro nor did I find any reference to INSPIRE (when using the search word INSPIRE) in the ArcGIS Pro documentation (here).

If you can point me to documentation on this issue in ArcGIS Pro that would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
Jill_Saligoe-Simmel
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, Vedur. We'll review how these resources are shared to see if we can make them more discoverable.

ArcGIS INSPIRE Open Data is a free solution that works with ArcGIS out-of-the-box tools. This is why you don't find specific product documentation about it in Pro. You can find the implementation resources here https://arcgis-inspire-esri.opendata.arcgis.com/pages/resources, including:

• How-to tutorials to create INSPIRE metadata and publish streamlined services
  • Download the available Streamlined INSPIRE GDB Templates
  • Documentation links on the INSPIRE data model transformations

I hope that helps!

0 Kudos
vedur
by
New Contributor II

Nevermind! I found the GDB templates for download, I can figure it out from there 🙂 It's just all this stuff has become such a jungle, it's quite easy to get lost and go in circles!